Paris Anglophone District/Intergroup
The Paris Anglophone District/Intergroup, most often referred to as “Intergroup”, is a committee made up of representatives from the English-speaking A.A. groups in Paris The purpose of an A.A. Intergroup is to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers The Paris Anglophone District-Intergroup maintains a schedule of English-speaking meetings in Paris, and owns and operates this website This body also functions as a linguistic district within the Région Paris-Intramuros of A.A. France, of which the English-speaking A.A. groups in Paris are a part.
Monthly Intergroup Meeting
The monthly English-language Intergroup Meeting is held on the third Saturday of each month from September through June, 3:00-4:30 pm, American Church, Basement, 65 Quai d’Orsay, Paris. All Paris resident A.A. members are welcome to attend this meeting.
A.A. English-speaking Paris Intergroup has several great opportunities to be of service.
Come to the next Intergroup meeting and learn more !
Service positions currently open :
Tuesday 8am (zoom): GSR
Tuesday 8am (zoom): GSR Suggested sobriety requirement is 1 year but it is only suggested. Contact the chair or firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
IG Archivist : open as of July 2023
Archivist: open as of July 2023 Suggested sobriety requirement is 2 years ( strongly suggested ).
IG Secretary : open as of July 2023
Secretary: open as of July 2023 Suggested sobriety requirement is 2 years ( strongly suggested ).
Description of ESPAA Service Positions:
English Speaking Paris AA (ESPAA) Intergroup Service Positions
English-speaking Paris A.A. (ESPAA) Intergroup represents English-speaking A.A. Groups in and around Paris. Our primary purpose is to carry the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers
The ESPAA Intergroup appoints a Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and members with other responsibilities as its officers. These officers should have an established period of sobriety, ideally not less than two years.
In the spirit of rotation, the suggested term length for ESPAA officers and is two years.
Chair & Vice-Chair
- Convenes & conducts Intergroup meetings
- Sets agenda and approves minutes
- Prepares the minutes
- Sets agenda with the Chair
- Distributes documents to officers and Intergroup reps (GSRs)
- Maintains the Paris IG contact list
Intergroup Representative (GSR)
- Attends monthly IG meetings
- Reports monthly on their group’s latest activities in the online GSR report form
- Reports back to their group about activities at IG.
The Intergroup Representative ( GSR ) is elected by their group. They then attends the monthly Intergroup Business Meeting. To this meeting the GSR brings any suggestions, comments, or opinions their group may have. The GSR casts their group’s vote on all matters requiring a group conscience and represents their home group in all matters concerning English Speaking Paris AA ( ESPAA ). The GSR is the point of contact for ESPAA to pass along information to the group, and is the conduit for any information, concerns, ideas, and anything that the group may want to send to the ESPAA intergroup. The GSR is usually elected to serve a 2-year term ( from the AA World Services pamphlet The Group )
- Keeps proper account of IG finances
- Ensures that funds are available for ESPAA IG’s essential current requirements
- Reports monthly to IG against the budget
- Acts as signatory for IG bank account
- Transfers funds to entities designated by group conscience.
The Treasurer is responsible for looking after Intergroup financial affairs, including but not limited to:
overlooking incoming/outgoing funds, payment of rent for Intergroup meetings (if held in-person),
offering financial suggestions to Intergroup members on how to best spend funds, making transfers to region/service entities to which Intergroup has voted to contribute, liaising with officers whenever there is a need for expenditure on their part.
Ile-de-France Region Rep & Alternate Region Rep
- Connects IG with the French AA service structures
- Facilitates exchange between English-speaking and French-speaking Groups
The Region Reps attend French regional and Intergroup meetings so that ESPAA IG is represented at a regional level. The Region Reps report back to ESPAA on what happens at the regional level and also the French IG. These roles require a knowledge of the AA service structure and fluency in French.
Public Information Officer
- Organizes PI initiatives with the help of a PI committee
- Chairs PI committee meetings
- Reports to IG about committee activities
The Public Information Officer is responsible for ensuring that information about the AA message and program of recovery is conveyed to outside organizations to the best possible advantage.
- Plans and organizes regular workshops with the help of a Workshop Committee
- Reports to IG about activities of the Workshop Committee
- Maintains and updates the English-Speaking Paris AA website
- May form subcommittee to help with website maintenance
The Webmaster updates the ESPAA website with announcements and new information on meetings. He/she assigns and maintains user IDs and passwords for IG officer e-mail and secure access to the website. The Webmaster registers the site’s domain, shops for the best value of services provided for the website and ensures that the information provided on the site is by, for and about EnglishSpeaking Paris AA.
- Files reports, minutes, agendas, and other documents in the archives
- Makes archives available to members upon request
He/she maintains the physical integrity of the collection and is instrumental in its further development.
Meeting List Officer
- Regularly updates list of Paris English-speaking meetings
- Distributes physical meeting lists to groups.
Telephone Liaison Officer
- Organizes volunteer roster to answer AA helpline
- Keeps an up-to-date list of members available for 12th step calls
- Maintains the list of Zoom meetings (hiding/deleting lines when meetings go off-line, adding any new meetings that may arise)
- Updates the Zoom ID information, if the room changes.
- Maintains passcode list for all Zoom rooms listed on ESPAA site
- Handles incoming daily requests for passwords and security codes
Young Persons Liaison Officer (YPLO)
- Offers guidance to young people newly in AA
- Encourages and supports young members of AA into service and helps them to develop their service
- Ensures that the voice of young people in AA is heard at all levels of the service structure
- Carries the AA message to young people outside AA who have not yet had their chance to recover
- Liaises with the PI officer to spread awareness of Young Peoples meetings in the community